Wednesday 20 January 2010

Love birds


When I first saw this FAB sketch over at "The Sugar Bowl" I thought it was itchin' to have a lil secret message...and wouldn't you know that valentine's is just around the corner.....the perfect time for secret notes.....and so my idea began!!

I used one of my new images "Winter Birds".....I love it and wanted a few nice images so that i can get cracking away at my christmas cards all year instead of leaving it all to the last minute!! But i think this image is also perfect for valentines.

I coloured Winter Birds with my Prisma colours, used some Making Memories, Rouge (from a 6x6 pad), a few Prima blooms, not sure who the brads or photo turn are from - sorry! The Love Birds sentiment is off an acrylic plate by American Crafts.
The inside sentiment is an A Muse stamp - it actually reads "you make life sweet"...but i didn't ink the s and then wrote the wobbly T (with a fine line pen) to make "tweet" instead....i was happy with the results!! And it means I am ahead of the game for once...WOW! bx
PS Don't forget to join my Sugar Nellie candy!

12 comments:

Leann said...

Aaaaaaaw, I love this Bernie - gorgeous!
Hugs x

Juls said...

just soooooooo GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! Love the image, the fab colour combo you have used and the stitching detail!! Stunning work! Hugs Juls

Kelly Schelske said...

It's beautiful!!

Victoria said...

Gorgeous card Bernie! I adore these cute birdies. One of my favoutite stamps from the latest releases!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

My Paper World said...

awwwwwwww! very tweet indeed! xx

Ila said...

I love this Gorgeous card!!...these winter birdies are just the Sweetest..your coloring and stitching is Fabulous!!..Hugs, Ila

Deb said...

gorgeous!!! I love the 'tweet' image and the fab design, the little flap opener looks amazing, fab stitching too!
Yeah, we are all still loving it over here, just gets better all the time!
hugs Debx

Kathy said...

HOw cute is this!!! LOVE what you did with the sketch!! That secret message looks fabulous!! The colors are so pretty and I adore this sweet image!!
Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch Bernie!!
:)Kathy

debby4000 said...

Fabulous sweet card, adorable cute image and I love those papers.
luv
Debby

Maria said...

I love it Bernie! Adorable birds and really like how you've tweeked the sentiment to suit - great idea. Good for you for getting a head start. Hugs, Maria

Natalie said...

Bernie this card is beautiful. x

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, so love the image and papers! Hugs,Moni